Monday, April 14, 2008

And We Have a Date!

For those without reading time rush, target your intense prayers for:
Friday, April 25th at 12:00noon for 2 hours or so
At United Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis
I'm expecting to spend that night as well.
Thank you SO MUCH!


So, a sweet girl named Shawnetta calls me today and says, "Are you available for Friday, the 25th, at noon or should I fit you in the following week on Tuesday morning? I immediately said, "Friday would be great" and wrote down all the details of when to be there etc, etc. She makes a point to give me her name and 800 number "in case I need to change the time". I'm thinking, "Lady, this is my HEART we're talking about. I could be there in two and a half hours if you wanted. You're saying a Friday....I'll be there on FRIDAY!!" Seriously unbelievable!

Fortunately, I remained calm enough to write down some parking details. Oh, yes, and she hastily remembered to add that I can't eat after midnight and can only have water to drink that morning. I got off the phone, feeling like the conversation was as mundane to her as making a hair appointment. This is so bizarre! It just struck me so oddly....somehow connecting with my inner voice that says this has all been a dream anyway. Only then did I bother to look at my calendar and saw "garage sales???" written in pencil for that Friday morning. I smiled. Hmm. Shall I call her back and tell her this is the one Friday of the year that I actually save up to go garage saling? I mean it's large, annual subdivision sales?

Relax, guys! I'm totally kidding! Who wants to walk through people's garages and spend pennies on the dollar when you can ride around on a bed and get a dandelion thing stuck in your heart for say......$50K or so? (I really have no clue the cost, though my nerdy side is very curious about what my equally surprised insurance company is going to be spending on a "low risk" little gal like me.) Anyway, you should be proud of me, I refrained and called my husband instead.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally taking this seriously. I told Tim today that I'm not going to underestimate the challenge that this procedure is. As I've discussed, the hole is not small and until it's sealed, I'm mentally not checking out of the hospital. However, keeping conversation light has helped ease the pressure of what's at stake.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill- Your experiences strike a cord with me, bringing back to mind some of MY cardiac adventures. I remember being told in the middle of my ECHO that I needed to be transferred to Ft Wayne Parkview and suddenly my room was full of busy staff members - when my husband stepped thru the door I quipped, "Hi honey! I think I flunked my Echo test!"
It has been a journey, but our Lord has not only been WITH me evry step but has actually gone before me to prepare the way. I'll be holding you & your family in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Jill- That is great that you are able to get in Friday!!! The sooner the better!!! :) Where were you going to go garage saling on Friday??? Maybe I could take your place!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jill!! I am exploding with so many awesome experiences with God lately and thank you for your prayers. I love how your story is saturated with your intense love for God. So many people will agree God is guiding them, but then leave Him out in the story.
Keep pressing on...and remember STRESS is something to give to God and not hold on.
We were learning about pain and stress in Pathology class the other day through two different scenarios. First was a man who was not stressed and doing well in most all areas of his life, when he got his hand shut in a car door. He winced at the pain and opened the car door. The second scenario was the same person with financial stress, bad mood, had been fighting with family member when his hand got shut in a car door. He yelled out in pain and fell to the ground in agony.
Point of the story, We don't have to hold on to stress it will only cause more pain. We need to be ready for anything.
Love you so much and can't help but challenge you to even greater depths with our FATHER.
In His Hands,
Em

Unknown said...

Jill,
I will pray for you. Will keep watching this to see how things are progressing. Know that God is with you in the midst of suffering and you can definitely trust Him!
Blessings,
Lynette

Anonymous said...

Jill, We are praying for you and your surgery on Friday

Anonymous said...

alex and julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill!!
After just seeing Bryce come through with flying colors, I believe the same will happen for you! Keeping you in my prayers!!!