Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Radiance & Hope





I attended a retreat this spring that was centered around this verse. I created this picture as my artsy way of focusing on what God was saying. It has been encouraging to me as I face new fears and learn to seek God in new ways. In our culture we spend lots of money on products that make us look younger, thinner, less freckled, less pale, more awake, and all together more radiant. Lotions and creams aren't sinful, but ultimately they don't usually cure all these things. It struck me how simple God's solution is for making us more radiant. I've seen many older women that have all the outward flaws of human nature, yet seem to glow from within. Peace. Joy. Patience. Hope. These are the attitudes that radiate from their words. Like a well decorated living room that invites you in to just relax, when you leave their presence you feel refreshed and better equipped to face your day. I aspire to reflect God through me like that as I grow older.




God is my Hope. This is something we focused on in our Moms In Touch prayer time this morning. (This is an awesome group that supports our local elementary.) Even though I'm the one that prepares the lesson, I don't always get time to ponder all the verses ahead of time. Today, Hebrews 6:13-20 really struck me. It is about God promising to Abraham to bless him and give him many descendants. After swearing an oath to confirm it, then seeing it happen, God says he did this "to give us hope so that we can take hold and be greatly encouraged." Specifically verse 19 says, "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." For us visual ponderers, here's a photo I found online of one displayed on Treasure Island. Earlier this week, I was touched by the song "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman. The two sorta fit together. May you find encouragement from this Hope as well. Here's a good video clip.....and this one has pictures. :)








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

I will be praying for god to give you courage and strength and the doctor's wisdom to shine through tomorrow.
I will give your kids an extra hug tomorrow if they need it!

Annette